Saturday, December 13, 2008

Rachel is so creative!


Rachel contacted me regarding birthday gifts for the twins she watches during the day. They are turning three, and she knew a Crayon Purse would be perfect for Ava. But she didn't think Jackson would like a purse or tote, so she asked about making a Crayon Tool Belt. I thought this was a great idea and after brainstorming together I had a plan.
A couple days before actually stitching these out, Rebecca emailed wondering if I had time to squeeze in a crayon purse for her niece, so I was able to make all three at the same time!

It's been a while since I've posted pictures of a crayon purse, so here is what it looks like from the front (personalized with slots for crayons) and back (pocket for a notebook, stickers, etc).



The Tool Belt was a little more work, but I enjoyed the challenge.

I used webbing for the belt, stitching it in one side of crayon pouch, and then attached velcro to the other end, as well as the back of the pouch.

In an effort to keep the back pocket from gaping open, I also added a velcro closure there.

Here's a quick shot of Annaliese modeling it:

1 comments on "Rachel is so creative!"

Tiffany on December 15, 2008 at 8:35 PM said...

A crayon tool belt -- what a great idea! It's all in how you package it, huh? I mean, after all, they aren't dolls, they're action figures . . . right, Carlin?

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates