Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Trammel Family has grown by two feet!


As a Christmas gift for both of our moms, I made a brag book for each of them to fill with pictures of Dashiell (and Annaliese).

The design is from Charming Station, part of their free redwork snowman collection. This design is #39, released in February. When I downloaded it, I was hopeful that I would get to use it. We were ready to start trying for a baby, and if successful, (which we were) we would be due near wintertime. At the time I wasn't sure how I'd use the design, so I'm just glad I remembered I had it! The phrase came with the design, but I redid it with Embird Alphabet #8.

To make the album cover I used one piece of fabric for the front and two smaller pieces for the inside. I stitched them together to create basically a dust jacket for the photo album. I was pleased with the results and glad I didn't have to use glue. :) The added benefit is that the cover can be slipped off and I can add Dashiell's name to the spine, now that his name is known.

I got the albums done and in the mail before giving birth. We included a couple ultrasound pictures, as well as photos of the three of us awaiting Dashiell's arrival. Then, thanks to Walgreens.com, I was able to upload pictures that they could pick up an hour later at their Walgreens 900 miles away. That gave them up-to-date pictures within hours of receiving the albums in the mail. We'll continue to upload pictures over the next few weeks until their album is filled. What fun!

1 comments on "The Trammel Family has grown by two feet!"

Cori on December 28, 2008 at 12:47 PM said...

What a great idea!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates