Monday, January 19, 2009

Q is for Quilt


This week at preschool Ms. Susie's theme is quilts for the letter Q. Woo-hoo! What a great theme! :)
I'm still making my way through the leggings/shirts that Kathy sent us in April. I think these are the last pair of striped leggings. I love them! Here is Annaliese's Quilt block shirt.

The design is from Adorable Ideas. Some time last year I got my choice of a free design set, and I picked the Americana Quilt set, which this is from. I think it looks cute in pink and turquoise too.

My only regret is not paying closer attention to the type of stitching around the squares. If I'd realized it wasn't satin stitches but instead overlapping zigzags, I would have used turquoise thread for the tackdown on those squares... the pink shows through. Oh well... I have to continually remind myself it's just for a four year old. Pardon me, four-and-a-half year old. She didn't notice and was pretty pleased.

When she wears this to school tomorrow, I get to go with her. Ms. Susie asked me to come be a guest speaker about quilting. :)

2 comments on "Q is for Quilt"

Unknown on January 19, 2009 at 9:27 PM said...

Kylie's got the same pants again.... :)

Tiffany on January 29, 2009 at 2:41 PM said...

What a great theme and a super cute shirt. I hope your "lecture" on quilting went well!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates