Thursday, January 1, 2009

Burp Cloths for Dashiell


Here are a couple burp cloths I stitched for Dashiell before he was born; I'm just now getting around to posting them.
First I did Five Star Font's baseball monogram:

The next was an experiment, covering up an error I had made on a previous order. The first time I had made this burp cloth with Kyleigh's name on it, I accidentally switched the i and e. It would have been too much work to pick out the letters, so I just started over, saving the cloth diaper for later. My solution for covering the pink and green stitching was to put an applique patch over it. I tacked down the fabric, stitched the D (8 Claws and a Paw's Dot Alphabet), tacked down a square on the back, and finished it off with a blanket stitch.


My only regret is not using a thicker fabric -- if you look close you can see some pink and green that shows through. But I was glad to know my experiment worked, and should I ever make another mistake, I have a way to save the cloth diaper!

0 comments on "Burp Cloths for Dashiell"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates