Sunday, March 29, 2009

All dressed up for church!


Dashiell really doesn't have any "church clothes" yet, he's too small for the cute sweater vest outfits -- and they aren't all that practical yet since mostly he sits in his carrier or is wearing a bib over his clothes anyway. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and make sure he looks dressed up for church in spite of being in a bib and onesie! :)


The embroidery design is from GG Designs, and stitched beautifully!



I decided to use "Applique Fuse and Stick" following method 1 outlined at Terradon Embroidery. I ironed the fusible to my fabric and hooped that. then I stitched the outlines of the applique pieces. Thanks to the generous size of my hoop, I was able to fit the pieces for both ties in one hooping. That really helped me to not waste fabric! I rotated the "knot" part of the tie so the stripes would be at a different angle from the rest of the tie. Here's what it looked like before I cut the pieces apart:

2 comments on "All dressed up for church!"

Tiffany on March 30, 2009 at 8:29 AM said...

Hilarious! What a handsome little man!

Cole's Corner on March 30, 2009 at 9:53 AM said...

cute, cute, cute. I love those little tie appliques. I need some little boys in my life so I can make some!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates