Friday, May 29, 2009

Gift for twin boys


One more post for today, and then I'm taking a break!

Gary and Becky's good friends recently had twin boys. Their nursery is browns/greens and monkeys -- I bet I'd love it! To coordinate they purchased these baskets with liners, and I added the boys' names to them, using the Tinker Toy Alphabet from 8 Claws and a Paw.

The baskets won't be shipped empty! G&B also purchased two adorable blankets that I added names to:

These minkee/fleece blankets already had the text and applique monkey stitch in the corner. I searched through my fonts to find one that matched the cursive text, and settled on Amelie from 8 Claws and a Paw. I used Embird to curve the letters, marked the center of my design, and then held my breath as the names stitched out. I was very nervous about getting the position right, and wasn't confident how well it would stitch on a thick blanket so close to the binding. I was amazed with the results. Prayers before hitting the start button are always worthwhile!!

1 comments on "Gift for twin boys"

Tiffany on May 29, 2009 at 5:30 PM said...

Those look phenomenal! Congratulations!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates