Friday, January 29, 2010

Owl shirt, maternity style


Annaliese's owl shirts have made an impression on her teacher, and she told Annaliese she wanted one. I just happened to have a turquoise maternity top that I had purchased for myself (but never stitched anything on it) so we were able to offer something to her right away. To be honest, it had been my intention to stitch an owl shirt for her at Christmas, but I ran out of time. It was a pleasure to do it now! Per her request, I used the same design and fabrics as Annaliese's turquoise owl shirt -- spirit-filled with school colors and mascot!


The applique design is Sly Owl from Tigerlilyhill Embroidery Designs. I enlarged it 15% since my hoop is bigger than the standard 5x7 hoop, and it stitched beautifully!

Next Friday Annaliese and her teacher are going to be twins so I can take a picture of them together in their matching shirts. I'll add it here or on Facebook.
EDITED TO ADD: Here they are!

2 comments on "Owl shirt, maternity style"

Cole's Corner on January 30, 2010 at 10:23 AM said...

You know I LOVE that... but was thinking that maybe you were pregnant again with that title. hahahahhaha

Janay on January 30, 2010 at 1:47 PM said...

Uhhhhhhh... no. We are permanently a family of four. ;)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates