Annaliese has several Groovy Girls. One day last summer she made it her goal to dress up like one of them. Later in the fall I discovered there was one named Analise! I ordered it for her for Christmas, and my plan was to make a matching outfit for her. I gathered all my supplies, but ran out of time to have it wrapped under the tree. While home for Christmas my mom helped with the shirt, and this weekend I FINALLY embellished the matching capris. Annaliese is so excited to match her doll!
My mom helped a lot on the shirt. Ummmm... actually she did all the real work. :) I bought a t-shirt at Goodwill for $1, the zebra fabric and sequins material were already in my stash. Mom modified the neckline and added the material for me. The purple clip-on hair is from Claire's.
That was completed in December. My job was to recreate Analise's capris when I got home. Ten weeks later... The main reason it took so long is because I wanted to digitize the design on Analise's pant leg. Even though that would take time, I knew it would be faster than searching for a pre-existing embroidery design that would be close enough. This weekend I finally made the time to digitize it. This is the design on the pants of the Analise doll...
... and this is the applique design I digitized to match! WOO-HOO! I'm so proud of myself!
The curves could be smoother, but for my 5 year old's costume, it's good enough! I learned a lot in the process and really enjoyed doing it.
So to actually complete Annaliese's capris, I took a pair of pants that were in my stash from what Kathy sent us a couple years ago, chopped them off, added the embroidery design, and stitched strips of the sequins material around the edge.
Thankfully the Analise Groovy Girl came barefoot so I didn't have to go find and purchase matching shoes. As it stands, the purple hair was the most expensive part of this costume! :)