Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day


I finally got around to stitching Annaliese's St. Patrick's Day shirt last night!

I bought the t-shirt in the fall on clearance for $2. When I stitched my SIL's holiday placemats for Christmas, I knew then what I was going to put on Annaliese's shirt -- the design was already done because she and Amy have the same monogram! So why did I wait until March 10th to get this done??? Believe it or not, it was a fabric issue. NONE of the green fabrics in my stash matched this shirt. It has a touch of jade, and most of my fabrics have a hint of lime, and they just clashed or didn't have enough contrast. Yesterday I bought this fabric. Still not sure it's a great match, but Annaliese loves it, so that's what's important. AND the shirt is a size 7/8, so she should be able to wear it next year, too!
I used Embroidery Boutique's Shamrock Applique, and inserted her monogram using the Chez font from 8 Paws and a Claw.

(Oh, and if anyone is curious, I'm not stitching anything for Dashiell for St. Patrick's Day, and I don't feel bad about it. I don't have a cheap white or green blank laying around. But if I did, it would say something like "A Wee Bit Irish" - their great-great-grandfather came to the States from Ireland, so that would make my kids at least 1/16th Irish, right??)

1 comments on "Happy St. Patrick's Day"

Cole's Corner on March 11, 2010 at 1:11 PM said...

Darn. A wee-bit- Irish shirt would be so cute. Maybe next year.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates