Saturday, March 6, 2010

Baby Shower gift


Today some of the young mamas at church had a shower for Amanda, who is expecting a baby boy. I had a lot of fun making this gift!
Baby Nolan will make sweet Emeline a big sister, so I made them matching shirts.

I LOVE THESE. AREN'T THEY ADORABLE???
The BIG SIS/LIL BRO designs are from Five Star Fonts. I've had them for almost a year but hadn't stitched them yet. I intended to make shirts for my kids, but haven't gotten around to it...
For Emeline's shirt, I used two different colors of the sequins material. It's so sparkly and shiny, I just love it! Nolan's design only came as a filled stitch design since it's so much smaller. That's ok, I doubt daddy would let him wear sequins. HA!
I added their names below the sis/bro designs using the Montana font from 8 Claws and a Paw.




The other thing I stitched for Nolan was something I've been planning to do for a long time. In fact, one night I thought to myself, "When Amanda has another baby I know exactly what I'm going to make as a gift." and the next morning I found out she was expecting! Here's what I've been planning for several months:

Matt is a builder/roofer, so when I got this adorable tool belt applique design from DigiStitches, I knew it'd be a perfect baby gift for them. I used a brown suede-like material for the belt, and added "Daddy's Helper" with Embird Alphabet #14.

(The infant overall romper is from Dharma Trading, something I've had in my stash since Carla and I ordered stuff for our kids fall 2007.)

1 comments on "Baby Shower gift"

Kristie @ Me and My House on March 6, 2010 at 8:55 PM said...

Very Cute! I love the sequin fabrics on the appliques.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates