Sunday, September 12, 2010

Reversible Pillowcase Dress


Little Kate's first birthday is this week! Her mommy Rebecca asked if I could make a reversible pillowcase dress for her. I've never done one before and don't have a pattern, but after a little google searching I found a free tutorial to follow. After making a sample and some measurement adjustments, my first one turned out pretty well!


Rebecca did the fabric shopping. She also picked the same embroidery designs that I used on Audrey's 1st birthday dress earlier this year, so that made my job a lot easier!
For the pink side we used a design to celebrate her new age. The "1" is from Chubby Wubby Applique Numbers from GG Designs, and the font is Jester from 8 Claws and a Paw.

The green side features her three-letter monogram. I used the Empire font from Embroidery Arts.

I can't wait to see pictures of her in the dress! Have a Happy Birthday, Kate!

0 comments on "Reversible Pillowcase Dress"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates