Friday, September 24, 2010

Scarecrow Shirts for My Kids!


As soon as I saw Lynnie Pinnie's applique scarecrow designs, I knew I wanted to put them on something for my kids. As I've mentioned previously, Annaliese really doesn't need anymore t-shirts, so I went on a hunt for a denim jumper. I didn't find anything blank that would work, so I settled on denim shirts. Since we live in Florida, these will work out to be nice fall "jackets". Ideally I would have taken this picture outside, but that will have to wait for another day, it's been in the 90s all week. :)

For Annaliese's shirt, I used the 5x7 Scarecrow Girl Applique:
Originally I had a different plaid material picked out to use on both shirts, but when I got this shirt home I realized it had purple snaps, which completely changed my whole color scheme!  Turned out just fine, Annaliese loves the lavender gingham. This is a fringe design, so there are loose threads dangling from her hair, hands and feet, just like straw!  So cute!!

For Dashiell I used the 4x4 Scarecrow Boy Applique, also with fringe.  Decided NOT to use lavender for him, and instead picked red gingham. :)


Aren't they adorable??? Lynnie Pinnie is awesome, never disappoints! :) You can see the non-fringe versions on the towels I stitched for our moms.

0 comments on "Scarecrow Shirts for My Kids!"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates