Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Hair Clips


Our family celebrated Thanksgiving with dear friends today. Poor Dashiell was the only boy among lots of cute girls. Since I was not responsible for baking the turkey, Annaliese and I spent some time together this morning making turkeys of our own!
 The turkey felt stitchies are from GG Designs. I made eight hair clips. Even though Annaliese wanted some variety, I opted to make them all identical:
I made that decision because it would be much faster to produce them en masse.  I was able to stitch all 8 bodies in one hooping using my smaller hoop, as well as all 8 barrette covers, and all 8 feather pieces in my larger hoop (forgot to take a pic of that one). Annaliese was very helpful -- she helped trim threads and rip out the tearaway stabilizer. Plus she was good company!

Here are the little girls, just before they were ready to go outside and play all afternoon:

2 comments on "Turkey Hair Clips"

JennBrenn on November 27, 2010 at 12:17 PM said...

What a great pic, can you send me a copy on facebook or share it with me on snapfish please!!! Thanks.

Mary on November 28, 2010 at 1:06 AM said...

Those turned out cute!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates