Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Connect Women


My friend Leslie is a member of a women's group at her church called "Connect Women." She sent me their logo and asked if I could embroider it on some aprons they had purchased for an upcoming meeting.
Here's the logo image:
Amazingly enough I already had the font Scriptina digitized (it's from "SewCrazie" and I got it either on SewForum or her yahoo group a long time ago, but can't find links to it now.) It resized really well since I needed it significantly bigger. And I added "women" with Embird alphabet #2. The only thing I had to digitize were the little petals around the "o". I was excited to figure out how to import an image into Embird Editor and position each individual letter exactly where it needed to go. I don't think I've ever used that feature before! I took all of my pink and purple threads and let Leslie choose what I should use since I couldn't decide. :)
I'm pretty impressed with the results! I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of this brand of apron (or tote bags for that matter). I can't remember the brand name off the top of my head, but I know it's sold at Michaels and Walmart. The canvas is very textured and it makes the embroidery look jagged, even using solvy on top. My test stitch on felt looked WAY better. Now that we have a Hobby Lobby (♫ Hallelujah!) I will recommend their aprons, which appear to be more fabric-like (maybe a bottom-weight?) than canvas. Any other suggestions for local purchase aprons?

0 comments on "Connect Women"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates