Monday, August 22, 2011

Second Grade!!


Today is Annaliese's first day of Second Grade! Can you believe it?!? Shortly after getting my embroidery machine she headed off to preschool. A couple years later was kindergarten, then first grade... wow! Time flies. Sniff, sniff, I should NOT be looking at all these old posts right now; it's hard to type with misty eyes. Here's my girl, ready for second grade!

Neither Annaliese nor I had a clear vision for what should go on her shirt this year, so we sat down on the couch together with my lap top and browsed designs. We settled on the Pencil Frame from Applique Corner (which I snagged on sale a while back). I swapped out the text that it came with for "Second Grade" using Leon from 8 Claws and a Paw. LOVE this font!
We picked the colors of the pencils to coordinate with the capris we bought for her birthday. We love those capris, but she just doesn't wear her birthday shirt every week, so they needed a new matching top. :)
We had the capris and thankfully I already had a white tee in my stash, so no new expense putting together this outfit! We did however spend money on school supplies... not too horrible though. We decided that Annaliese would deliver her school supplies in a monogrammed shopping bag for her teacher. :)
I used the Taylor font from Lynnie Pinnie. *Hopefully* her teacher won't mind that I didn't capitalize her last name, I just really like this font and it only comes lower case. :)
 And she's off! Annaliese is so ready for school to start. I'm just praying for another great year for my beautiful and intelligent growing girl!

1 comments on "Second Grade!!"

Jacquie on August 22, 2011 at 10:43 AM said...

Great idea with the tote. Everything looks great. Good luck and have fun at school, Annaliese.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates