Monday, August 23, 2010

First Grade!!


I cannot believe the summer is over and a new school year has begun! Even though she doesn't need any new clothing right now, I just had to make something special for Annaliese's first day of FIRST GRADE!! :)

For whatever reason I could not get motivated to work on this until last week. I took the risk of asking for Annaliese's ideas... since we retired her apple shirt, she decided she wanted an apple on it. She has become quite the proficient reader (she read over 35 chapter books this summer!!) so I wanted to incorporate books as well. Lynnie Pinnie's School Books applique was perfect! I made one modification -- instead of stitching "MATH" and "READING" on the spines as it comes, I changed it to "FIRST GRADE". Kathy digitized it for me using... are you ready for this... the First Grader font. :)

I decided to embellish a pair of denim capris she already had. I snagged the apple off of the 4x4 design and stitched it above the hem of the left leg.

Here's my big girl, all ready for the first day of school!

2 comments on "First Grade!!"

Unknown on August 23, 2010 at 8:43 PM said...

Love the outfit and bow! Good work Carlin with accessorizing. :)

Karen on August 25, 2010 at 9:55 PM said...

What a precious daughter! Cute outfit, too

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates