Saturday, August 21, 2010

Baby Shower Gift


Today Nicole (and big-sister-to-be Presley) got showered with love and baby gifts by family and sisters in Christ; here's my gift!
Back in March we had a shower for Amanda -- when Emeline opened her big sister shirt, Presley said to her grandmother, "Tell Janay that she needs to make me one!" :) So I've known for several months that I would make another sibling set. And I'm pretty sure best buddies Emeline and Presley are excited to have matching shirts!

The BIG SIS/LIL BRO designs are from Five Star Fonts.
For Presley's shirt, I used two different colors of the sequins material for the applique. Dawson's is a filled stitch design. I added their names below the sis/bro designs using the Montana font from 8 Claws and a Paw.


Brian is an accountant, so I made this burp cloth for him to use with Dawson. The dollar bill-like frame is from a freebie on Ann the Gran. I deleted the middle of the design and added the text with Embird alphabet #8.

I'll be honest, I don't know what happened with my thread selection on that one... I'm sure I held the thread up to that ribbon, but when it was done, it did NOT match like it was supposed to. I was so disgusted that I decided to make another burp cloth. :) I've been anxious to test out this new masculine 3-letter monogram font anyway... Circle Monogram Set 3 from Embroidery Arts -- I love it!

0 comments on "Baby Shower Gift"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates