Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What's a girl to wear??


Ok, I admit, this borders on ridiculous.
When I put away Annaliese's clothes today, I had a hard time getting her shirt drawer to close. So we decided to go through the shirts once again and try to prune it out. The problem is she LOVES every shirt that either grandma or I have made for her (that's a blessing, really) and doesn't want to part with them. I spread them all out and took this picture:

THIRTY-SEVEN shirts. Let me specify, 37 short-sleeved shirts. This does not include long sleeved shirts or dresses that we've done. And according to Annaliese, they all still fit. I guess that's the benefit to using size 6/6x when she turned four years old. She's grown up a lot, but thinned out, so really these shirts do fit. I was able to convince her to retire 10 of the smallest ones. But still, 27 shirts... no wonder I'm having a hard time getting motivated to make a special back to school shirt for her. Any ideas? I only have a few days left!

4 comments on "What's a girl to wear??"

Rebecca's Rooms on August 17, 2010 at 4:35 PM said...

Making a quilt out of them might help. At least that way she would still be able to appreciate them.

Janay on August 17, 2010 at 4:37 PM said...

That's exactly what we plan to do, and the only way she willingly let me take them away. But she seemed surprised when I said that it would be several years before I got to it. :)

Jacquie on August 17, 2010 at 6:26 PM said...

I plan on using the design "Chalkboard ABC123 Applique" from katelynskreativestitches. I think I learned about her from you. I usually like to make a new dress but time is short so this will do great.

I like that you share where you got a design. It really helps me. Thanks.

Janay on August 17, 2010 at 7:17 PM said...

Jacquie, I really like that design, too! I was so excited to get started on the sibling designs that I forgot to go back and snag it during the 40% off sale. Oops, maybe I'll do that.
And it's my pleasure to share links. Initially I did it just so I could remember myself (you have NO idea how many times I use my own blog as reference). Now I do it to help give business to all the wonderful digitizers.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates