Saturday, July 21, 2012

Girly Zebra


Hollie requested a zebra onesie to give as a gift. I looked high and low for the exact applique design she wanted, and finally found it at a new-to-me site, Two Crazy Girls Appliques.
I used zebra fabric per Hollie's request (to match some baby leg warmers she has, cute!) and added Lillian's name with Swirley from 8 Claws and a Paw.

5 comments on "Girly Zebra"

Layne James Embroidery on July 21, 2012 at 3:00 PM said...

Cute! What's your method for bow attachment?

Janay on July 21, 2012 at 3:05 PM said...

Thanks!
I have never tried the in-the-hoop tackdown stitch files. I like to iron the items and fuse some sort of comfort cover on the back of onesies. I used to tack them on by hand. But then I read this awesome idea posted on MCA Applique's blog, and now use the button stitch on my sewing machine. The foot holds the bow in place just like it would a button, and then it perfectly (and QUICKLY) tacks down the bow. So excited to learn about it!

Jacquie on July 21, 2012 at 3:28 PM said...

Thanks for sharing. Very cute.

gardentilly on July 21, 2012 at 5:41 PM said...

Cute, I like the little girl you made. I have a question on when you use the button stitch to tack down the ribbon. Do you make the bow and then tack down or place the ribbon down and tack and then make the bow?
I tried it once and tacked down the bow and it looked like I did something wrong.

Janay on July 21, 2012 at 10:11 PM said...

This is actually a premade bow that I bought at Hobby Lobby. When I found the three-packs for $1 there... I decided it was totally worth it to get perfect little bows! I am terrible at tying bows. :)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates