Monday, November 19, 2012

Holiday Shirts for Brooks


Like last year, I have made a couple of holiday shirts for Brooks!
Up first, a turkey shirt for Thanksgiving:
This is Appliqué Momma's Turkey 12. Love this tiny argyle print. I used Cubed from 8CP to add his name.
And for Christmas:
Isn't this cute for a boy?! This is Lynnie Pinnie's All-Star Christmas tree. I used 8CP's College Block Small font to add his name. I love that font, it's one of my favorites to use with sporty designs!
Ok, in a design with this much detail, thread changes and jump stitches are inevitable. What I love most about Lynnie Pinnie designs is how efficient and user friendly they are. I took a couple pictures in the midst of stitching to show you what I mean. The left shows that all the footballs were finished and all the baseballs and soccer balls were started on the same step. The right shows that the soccer balls and basketballs were finished on the same step.
 In both cases they were sequenced perfectly so that the jump stitches are never stitched over, and the needle never crosses paths with previous jump. I was able to let the color completely stitch without stopping every 30 seconds to trim a jump, because there was no fear that my embroidery foot would catch on a jump stitch. For me and my beloved old single needle, this is a HUGE DEAL. Thank you Lyndsie for remembering your single needle days! :)

2 comments on "Holiday Shirts for Brooks"

jazzo on November 27, 2012 at 10:41 PM said...

Janay, Love both shirts. I love how you showcased LP stitch out in progress. I do love Lyndsie's designs too. Thanks for sharing.

Tiffany on December 8, 2012 at 6:38 PM said...

WOW! Those look fantastic! And thanks for posting a work-in-progress picture. I really enjoy seeing how these designs take shape!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates