Sunday, November 4, 2012

Simple Designs for Ornaments and More!


There are benefits and drawbacks to being a member of an active applique group, and one of those is getting sucked into a craze! Even though it cost me a couple late nights, I'd say overall this time it was a benefit!

New from Lynnie Pinnie, simple little applique designs that are intended to be quick stitching and put inside a small embroidery hoop!
Isn't this precious? This had a 6 minute stitch time, simple shapes to trim, and just triple bean stitching. I used the 4" size of the Tree with Star for Little Hoops design and put it in a 4" embroidery hoop. So cute!  I still haven't finished off the back, and I need to add a ribbon loop and bow to the top. After I make several more I'll post again. :)

Since I only bought two of these little hoops (for now, I'll be hunting more down) I decided to try a different medium. I have seen Hallmark cards with fabric stitched on them, and of course I'm always drawn to them but never buy one because I think, "I could do that!"
And now I have!
I hooped stabilizer and used spray adhesive to attach my card stock. I stitched the design as normal. Then I cut away the stabilizer (even though I used tearaway, I was afraid I'd rip the card while trying to actually tear it away). And then I glued a piece of paper on the inside. If I had been smart I would have printed a nice holiday message on that paper BEFORE gluing it down...
This is the 4" version of the Trees and Snow Applique for Little Hoops design.
So there you go, a new applique craze started courtesy of a Pinterest find and a fab digitizer that got excited. Happy to be along for the ride. :)

1 comments on "Simple Designs for Ornaments and More!"

Ellen on November 9, 2012 at 12:09 PM said...

I've been reading all the posts and wanting to give the ornaments a try. As always, a beautiful job!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates