Monday, December 31, 2012

Gifts for a new baby girl


Friends of ours just had a baby girl, which makes PJ a big brother! I wanted to send sibling shirts, and they were willing to be surprised, so I took it as an opportunity to try something new. I love how these turned out:
I love MCA Applique's sibling designs and have used them a couple of times, but I wanted to try the same concept with different fonts. I used Embroidery Boutique's Cade Applique font for BRO and SIS. I love the zig zag version of this font, it's my go-to pick when creating applique words. I added the rest of the text with 8CP's Bobby font.
I bought these Riley Blake dot prints specifically thinking about using them for sibling designs!
I also included a bib and burp cloth set:
I looked through all of my applique fonts to find a pretty P, and picked EB's Swirly applique. Then I started searching through the over 600 fonts I have on my 8CP CD, and was thrilled to discover that Harvey is based on the same font!! Woo-hoo!

1 comments on "Gifts for a new baby girl"

Tiffany on December 31, 2012 at 10:47 AM said...

The dotted ribbon on the burp cloth looks so cute with this design!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates