Friday, December 28, 2012

Monogrammed Sweatshirt


Several weeks ago I shared my monogrammed sweatshirt, and while I had lofty intentions of monogramming all my blank shirts, it hasn't happened... YET. But I did manage to monogram a sweatshirt for Amy, and decided to put Jolson's Interlocking Floss Stitch Monogram to use.
I like the look of this font, and it comes in several sizes.
A quick word of caution, the way this is digitized there are several jumps within each letter. I'm not exactly sure why, IMHO they could have been minimized. So if you are like me and don't have a machine that trims every jump within a color, keep an eye on it as it stitches. This won't keep me from using it again though, I really like the hand stitched look!


4 comments on "Monogrammed Sweatshirt"

Unknown on December 28, 2012 at 8:33 PM said...

Janay, did you mention it to the digitizer? It is gorgeous!

Unknown on July 13, 2013 at 4:01 PM said...

Hi! 3rd try getting comment to go through...What stabilizer did you use with the monogrammed sweatshirt? Did you use anything else? Thanks! Angela

Unknown on July 13, 2013 at 4:05 PM said...

You got it! I have used the same font from Jolson's twice. The first time I used a sticky stabilizer and it made the embroidered space too stiff..the paper would not wash out. On the second shirt, I used tear-away. It would not tear-away from the stitching, so I trimmed it close to the stitching lines. There must be a better way! Thanks! Angela

Janay on July 14, 2013 at 8:32 AM said...

Angela, I used a fusible polymesh. I use cutaways on tees and sweatshirts -- more stable.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates