Sunday, February 17, 2013

Welcoming Baby Landon


I know at least NINE families expecting babies at the moment, so you will be seeing several posts about baby shower gifts in the next few months. First up, baby Landon! His arrival will make Peyton a big sister, so I took this as an opportunity to use new-to-me sibling designs:
Aren't these so cute?! As I was merging together designs similar to my last sibling set, an embroidery friend of mine showed off pictures of her most recent project. I stopped in my tracks and changed plans!

The Big Sister and Little Mister designs are both from Embroitique. Embroidery friends, if you purchase the designs, I'd appreciate if you would use those specific links when you add them to your cart! :)
I was super excited when I scrolled through my 8CP font images that I found High 5 was a perfect match to add their names! Peyton loves purple, so I was excited to use these Riley Blake chevrons, purple/orange for her and aqua/orange for him.
I have never used Embroitique designs before, so I don't know if this is her typical style or not, but the applique words on these were digitized in a unique manner. Instead of treating it as three separate letters, it was one whole object. It was intriguing to watch the pathing on the whole thing -- there weren't any jumps going from outside the letter to the holes in "big". The only reason I mention this is in case you happen to be stitching one of these on a little inside-out 3-6 month onesie that you are holding open with your fingers... beware that the needle may not follow the path you expect. ;) 

I also did this burp cloth, using Lynnie Pinnie's Little Cutie Space Explorer Boy. I was testing it for LP and intentionally decided to not use the Buzz Lightyear white/purple/green color scheme to show how versatile the design could be. Out of this world adorable!

5 comments on "Welcoming Baby Landon"

The Mundies on February 17, 2013 at 7:04 PM said...

I LOVED seeing these at the shower today! They are super cute! Great job, yet again!

daniKate designs on February 18, 2013 at 7:21 PM said...

Janay, I think this pair is one of my very favorites that I've seen you do. The sayings are cute, and I love how you added the names on the side--the overall layout is fantastic. Plus, the color combination/coordination is great too!

Sabrina on February 19, 2013 at 7:40 PM said...

9 couples! Wow:)

Michele on March 12, 2013 at 10:39 PM said...

So I found your blog via the FB applique group. I LOVE the colors that you used in Landon's onesie!

Sarah on March 25, 2013 at 2:11 PM said...

Janay, I'm catching up on reading blogs and just seeing this post. :-) Thank you so so very much for this gift--I can't wait for Peyton and Landon to wear them!!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates