Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Gobble Gobble!


Here are a few more turkey shirts I made this year.
I thought this turkey was so cute when I bought it from Applique Cafe TWO years ago. Last fall I bought the same chevron she used in her sample image with every intention of using the design... but didn't. So when Rachel asked me to make a shirt for her daughter, I jumped at the opportunity to finally use this design/fabric combo. Yes, I know there are hundreds of listings on Etsy just like it.... and I don't care :) That's because this fabric is *perfect* for this design!
I did however do a something a bit more unique with the name. :) I don't often use multiple colors within the same name, but I really wanted to tie in all the different colors in the chevron. I used I2S's As the Deer font and thought it turned out cute!
For one of my niece's I used LP's Girly Turkey. The jewelry and shoes on this thing are so funny!
For my other niece and nephew I used I2S's Turkey for Monogram applique.
I stitched Z's first using the 4x4 size. I decided to go with single initials and used Cutsie Joe.
My intention was to use the 5x7 size for G's, but it was just too big on this little 18 month tee. So I nicely asked my boss :) if she could create an intermediate size and I'd test it for her. It turned out perfect, and you fellow embroiderers can benefit from my suggestion -- if you have bought this design go download again to get the additional size!
 
And lastly, a little turkey face onesie. I plucked the face off of the 5x7 size of I2S's Turkey LOVE design and put it on this khaki colored onesie that has been sitting in my stash for years :)



1 comments on "Gobble Gobble!"

Tiffany on May 20, 2014 at 11:59 AM said...

SO I have gotten insanely behind on your blog once again and have been trying to catch up this morning. I mad myself promise not to leave comments no matter how much I love the design because otherwise I would be stopping at every post and would never make it all the way through. I had to break that promise, though, when I saw this turkey-face onesie. Of all the beautiful, intricate, amazing things you did, this is the one that made me laugh outloud. You are amazing. I love it!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates