Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hooded Towel for JR


This was actually the last thing I stitched (on July 20) before packing up my "sewing studio" to move, but I never got around to posting it!

Jan requested a hooded towel for a co-worker who is expecting a baby boy. They plan to name him James Robert, but call him JR. They are decorating with a jungle theme, and Jan asked me to be creative and come up with something. So here we go:

I found some zebra print ribbon and used the zebra print alphabet (a freebie on Sew Forum) for the monogram. Instead of putting his name across it, I added "Jungle Ranger" with Embird Alphabet #2.

I'm not sure there really a job title called a Jungle Ranger, but it was all I could think of using the initials JR. I think it turned out cute -- not babyish at all, so it should get some use into his toddler years, if not beyond!

~~~~~~~~~

We had a successful move on Thursday, and are slowly unpacking. Laundry, the kitchen and Annaliese's room end up having a higher priority over sewing (sigh...) so I don't know how quickly I'll be set up again. Hopefully within a week! Now that Annaliese has her own half-bathroom, I'd like to buy new towels and monogram them for her. In a week and a half we will hopefully learn the gender of baby #2, which will lead to new projects, as well as preschool starting in a couple weeks! Lots to do, just for us! If you have been holding off on project requests, feel free to start asking!

2 comments on "Hooded Towel for JR"

Unknown on August 24, 2008 at 4:13 PM said...

HI!
I am Shannon, Jan's coworker that is having the baby boy. My husband and I want to thank you for your hard work, this was an amazing gift. Jan is awesome!!! We love it!! And so will JR.
Shannon & Jim Abraham

Tiffany on October 23, 2008 at 8:28 AM said...

I lvoe the play on words! And if there isn't such a job title as "Jungle Ranger," there should be!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates