Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy Birthday, Nathan!


Dashiell's buddy Nathan had his third birthday party today -- a Rootin' Tootin' party out at a corral! I had the pleasure of making the birthday boy a special shirt to wear:
Pardon his squinty face -- in order to get a good shot of his shirt with my iPhone, he had to face the sun. I should have grabbed his cowboy hat! :) Oh, and while I'm at it, let me add that this was taken at the END of the party. After horse riding, hay riding and cake eating. Look at how clean that shirt is!! I'm totally impressed. :)

About the design...
Even though I own a ton of Planet Applique's specialty fonts, I do not own the one with the cowboy hat. So I just made up my own, and I'm thrilled with the results. I combined my three favorite things:
1. GG Design's Chubby Wubby Numbers
2. Applique designs from Lynnie Pinnie -- both the cowboy hat and boots are hers. They are designed to use two fabrics but for simplicity I just used one, a neat suede-like material.
3. Fonts from 8 Claws and a Paw -- this one is Hoedown.

6 comments on "Happy Birthday, Nathan!"

daniKate designs on January 21, 2012 at 10:42 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
daniKate designs on January 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM said...

That is so cute! I love how you combined the designs. Also, I think I have some of that red print in my stash and never thought of it as western before, but it's perfect!
(sorry if it shows I deleted a comment--I was trying to find a way to fix a typo)

Janay on January 21, 2012 at 10:52 PM said...

Thanks! I was planning on using a bandana, but the motif just didn't work for me. This fabric worked so much better! :)

Janay on January 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
smilingwoman on January 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM said...

Sure do like how you combined motifs to make this great shirt design! I need to think out of my little single design box, and try combining a few designs I have. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown on May 11, 2018 at 6:08 AM said...

Wow, that’s adorable. We will celebrate our son’s upcoming birthday at one of the garden themed San Francisco venues and I was thinking to do something like this with the t-shirts that I have purchased as the party favors. You have given me a stunning idea and now I am surely going to work on it.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates