Monday, May 21, 2012

Sibling Shirts


Ann asked me to make a set of sibling shirts for her niece who has two boys and a new baby girl. She gave me freedom to do what I wanted, so I took the opportunity to finally use MCA Applique's Big/Lil Bro/Sis design set. Every.Single.Time I see these designs in use by other embroiderers I fall in love with it all over again!
The designs come with "lil'" and "big" already there, and you can purchase MCA's Angelina font to add the names. However, 8 Claws and a Paw has it's own version of this same font (Thin Lizzy), so I personally didn't purchase MCA's, but used what I already owned. A quick word of caution... 8CP's version is thin (hence the name!) so if you want the thickness of the name to match the thickness in MCA's design, you'll need to adjust the pull compensation in your software with 8CP's, or buy MCA's.
The siblings designs don't come with extra little add ons. MCA sells several applique designs appropriate for that so you can truly customize the shirts for each sibling set. However I was looking for some sort of critter that was appropriate for a 6 year old boy and I settled on Applique Momma's Bug Mini design for the boys and the Ladybug Mini for Alexis. They turned out pretty cute!


2 comments on "Sibling Shirts"

Jacquie on May 21, 2012 at 2:54 PM said...

They all look great, Janay. I will look at those designs.

A side note, I remember you once said that you started your blog as a way of remembering what designs and fonts you used. I think that is a wonderful idea. I am now running into times where someone will ask for a particular font I used and I wish I had kept better notes. Something for me to think about. I don't think I could do a blog but maybe a notebook of sorts since I usually print what I am doing.

Great idea.

Mary on May 21, 2012 at 3:35 PM said...

Those are fantastic! This is one of my favorite sibling designs. :)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates