Monday, January 28, 2013

Stay Put Towel news!


My son's preschool teacher's birthday is this week, so I made her a Stay Put towel as a gift:
Since her kitchen is decorated in burgundy and beige, I selected this fabric from my stash, and added their last initial with 8CP's Sherry.
The Stay Put towel is inspired by the Topsy Towel tutorial posted on Embroidery Library. A week ago I was made aware of free buttonhole designs posted on Sew Forum that go with this tutorial. They have been there for years, I had no idea!! So even though I created my own "V" shaped hole a while back, for this towel I downloaded the freebie on SF and gave it a try. I can officially give it my seal of approval. :)

2 comments on "Stay Put Towel news!"

Unknown on September 14, 2016 at 1:33 PM said...

What instructions did you use for this towel? I love it.

Janay on September 14, 2016 at 10:29 PM said...

My Stay Put towel is loosely inspired by the Topsy Towel tutorial posted on Embroidery Library.
http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/elprojects/SimpleProduct_ELP.aspx?CS_ProductID=PR1491&CS_Category=Home+Decor&CS_Catalog=Elprojects

There is a free V-shaped buttonhole design posted on Sew Forum that goes with this tutorial. If you are not a member of SF, it is free to join. (This is a direct link to the post with the free design, which you will be able to see once you are logged into SF)
http://www.sewforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=127666

Hope that helps!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates