Monday, July 30, 2007

i'm a superhero!


Jason and Anna, friends back home, asked me to make these t-shirts for their twin nephews' 4th birthday. They each run around pretending to be their favorite superhero, so they should be excited to open the shirts!
Even though I'm heading home this week, I'm going to be a couple hours too late to personally deliver them to Jason and Anna before they leave for the party. So I rushed to get them in the mail today. Hence the pictures show where I've spritzed them with water to remove my marking lines and stabilizer. I'd love to see pictures of the boys in their shirts after Saturday's party!!
The applique designs came from my mother-in-law, the text was added with Embird Alphabet #18.
Front:


Back:

Front:


Back:

3 comments on "i'm a superhero!"

Tiffany on July 30, 2007 at 4:27 PM said...

Those are classic!!! Have you thought about marketing personalized superhero capes, too?

(Oh yeah - and do you have a pricing list anywhere?)

Bobi Jensen on July 31, 2007 at 2:44 PM said...

Hi. I just found your blog. I love quilting and am facinated by your embroidery. Would you mind telling me what kind of machine you have and if you recommend it? I looked at them a lot a few years ago and just couldn't decide on something since it was such a big expense. Your work is inspiring!

Janay on July 31, 2007 at 3:18 PM said...

Hi bobi_l_jensen!
My "new to me" embroidery machine that I got 3 months ago is a Janome Memory Craft 10001. I LOVE IT. I have absolutely no experience with any other embroidery machines, but this has been incredibly easy to learn (with some hands-on training from my MIL). Not only does it have embroidery capabilities, but it is a great machine for sewing and quilting. TONS of built in stitches and features and feet that will be wonderful when I return to quilting (I've been occupied with embroidery as you can tell).
One thing that I'll need to purchase before that point is an extension table so I have a nice large flat surface for quilting. The other thing I'm anxious to try is using embroidery designs to do the quilting!
I agree it's a huge expense and would be a tough decision to make. Mine was handed to me, so I was spared the research and investment!
Good luck! Be sure to check out my quilt gallery, as well (link in right column).

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates