Friday, December 18, 2009

Teacher gifts


Annaliese has had such a good school year so far, and I wanted to give a token of our gratitude to each of the adults that have helped give her an excellent start to her education. In addition to her classroom teacher, I made something for all her special area teachers and the principals.
For the women, I made a Quilted Key Fob from DigiStitches. I used my newly purchased Embird Alphabet #14 for the text. The school colors are turquoise and white and I think these turned out nice! I put their name on the front:

And the school name on the back:

Since the key fobs are a little too feminine for the men, I stitched water bottle koozies for them. The art palette for her art teacher was a freebie on Sew Forum, and I added his name with Embird Alphabet #8.

For her PE teacher I took the whistle from an Embroidery Library basketball design. As I rotated it around to figure out how I wanted to position it, I realized it looked like a "J" -- perfect! I added the rest of the text the Charles font from 8 Claws and a Paw.


In addition to the key fob, I wanted to do something extra for Annaliese's classroom teacher. Since I had stitched a hand towel for Thanksgiving, I decided to do a winter one as well using her name flake.

All the gifts were delivered this morning. Whew! That's a nice thing to check off my to-do list! :)

0 comments on "Teacher gifts"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates