Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My New Toy!


Believe it or not, this is the 400th post on my "Stitched by Janay" blog. CRAZY. At times I find myself very frustrated that I can't accomplish as much as I want, but when I look back (especially through the Picasa web albums associated with my blog) I am pretty amazed at what all I've stitched in the last two and a half years while being a SAHM of little kids. It's been so fun to embroider personalized items, document exactly what I did and share pictures online, initially with just my mom and MIL, but now with all of you who follow my blog.

In the last month I have FINALLY joined Facebook, and I've created a fan page for Stitched by Janay -- please come join the fun by becoming a fan. I plan to upload pictures to different albums to make it easier to browse, and as I figure it all out I hope to create an album where you can add pictures of your own Stitched by Janay items in use. Have no fear -- if you aren't on Facebook and don't want to join, I will continue to update this blog as usual (it will just feed directly into Facebook).

Before I sign off on this 400th post, I wanted to share pictures of my new toy!

My MIL Kathy gave me an Accuquilt GO! Fabric Cutter along with the rag dies. I am SO EXCITED. I have already started cutting a rag quilt for Dashiell which I have been putting off for a while. I'm anxious to get it done and enjoy how much time the die cutting process is going to save me -- no more snipping a quilt for hours!
This afternoon I cut out all the small blocks for the quilt:



The flannel for the small blocks are receiving blankets that match Dashiell's crib bedding. The big squares will be from this cute monkey flannel I bought a while back. Here is the quilt design that I'm using, and a preview of what it will look like:


Hopefully the final product will be posted here sooner than later! :)

0 comments on "My New Toy!"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates