Saturday, March 5, 2011

When a Nerd Becomes a Dad, again!


Jason and Anna are expecting another boy, and in keeping with all the comic-themed items I stitched when Torin was a baby (see them here, here and here), as well as the shirts they used to announce this pregnancy, this new baby is in need of nerdy items of his own! At this point, we have focused on burp cloths. We will do some other items in the very near future.
Jason requested Golden Age Superhero designs, and after much debate and searching for clear emblems, here's what I created:
I digitized these applique designs myself. Not perfect, but good enough for burp cloths. :)




I did recreate one of Torin's burp cloths exactly the same. Not superhero, but definitely for true sci-fi lovers. Anybody know what show it's making reference to?? One of my all-time favorites... :)

5 comments on "When a Nerd Becomes a Dad, again!"

Karen on March 5, 2011 at 9:14 PM said...

You did a SUPER job on the burp cloths! You should do a blog on Embird so I can have some good instructions!!(hint hint)!!

Unknown on March 5, 2011 at 9:26 PM said...

FIREFLY!!!!

Cole's Corner on March 6, 2011 at 3:04 PM said...

How cute!!! I love them.

That's My Brother on March 6, 2011 at 10:07 PM said...

Shiny! I have a house full of browncoats. We kicked around the name Reynold (if Lucy would have been a boy)!

Janay on March 6, 2011 at 10:15 PM said...

Natalie, we bought our CR-V fall of 2002; it's silver and we named it Serenity. :)
I think if Dashiell had been a girl Carlin's name choice would have been Kaylee.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates