Friday, October 7, 2011

Pumpkin Shirt


The danger of doing custom embroidery for friends is that when my daughter sees a new project (like Audrey's pumpkin shirt) she immediately wants something similar! Of course it would be too easy if she wanted the exact same pumpkin and font... so the only similarity to Audrey's shirt is the Ta Dot fabric. :)
 We sat down together with my computer and looked at all the pumpkin designs I had, plus additional designs online. She selected Applique Market's Plump Pumpkin (of course one I didn't own yet). She wasn't a fan of the way her name looked in the Butterball font, so we scrolled through 8CP's font list and she picked Another Dot Alphabet.
She loves it, and insisted on wearing it to school this morning even though today's high is 88 degrees.
And notice that someone else got a new pumpkin shirt...
For Anna, I took one of Dashiell's old 0-3month Gerber onesies, chopped it off and appliqued the pumpkin/name on it. It's a little big, but that's ok, it's for a doll. ;) I may take it in a bit on both sides, but really, I doubt it. I used the 4x4 size and shrunk it down, probably to about 70%? Same with the font. And they both stitched remarkably well!
 

2 comments on "Pumpkin Shirt"

Mary on October 7, 2011 at 9:09 PM said...

Cute! Great idea to use the tiny onesies for the AG doll shirts. I have a collection of random brands that I don't use anymore that would be perfect for that!

Janay on October 7, 2011 at 9:12 PM said...

Exactly Mary!! These are cheap thin gerber onesies that I don't want to sell.
I was shocked though, I only used one layer of polymesh and spray adhesive. No fusible, and I didn't even use solvy! I was really impressed how well the resized designs did under such "harsh" conditions. I set them up for failure but they shined anyway! :)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates