Saturday, January 24, 2009

Burp Cloth for Dashiell and Mommy


This morning I stitched a burp cloth for me to use. Thanks, Dashiell, for being my early Christmas gift!

The monogram is Five Star Font's Gift Box Applique Font. I added the rest of the text with Embird Alphabet #8.

Overall I'm pleased with how it turned out, but if I could start all over, I'd fix my fabric placement. I concentrated hard on getting the stripes horizontal, but didn't think about color placement. The light green stripe that I wanted prominently placed (because it matches the burp cloth color) ended up under the "ribbon" stitching, and the dark green stripe ended up under the "as" of his name, making it hard to read. Oh well, it's just a burp cloth. :)

1 comments on "Burp Cloth for Dashiell and Mommy"

Cori on January 24, 2009 at 7:31 PM said...

That's so cute!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates