Tuesday, September 29, 2009

First Birthday Shirt


While doing a search for 1st birthday shirts with a bug theme, Christi stumbled upon the shirt I stitched for Will in July. She contacted me about making one for her son Isaac, and I was happy to oblige!

The "1" is from Chubby Wubby Applique Numbers from GG Designs, and the font is Tinker Toy from 8 Claws and a Paw.

2 comments on "First Birthday Shirt"

Tiffany on October 2, 2009 at 10:15 AM said...

Great cut of fabric -- you really maximized the bugs within the space! I looks adorable.

Janay on October 2, 2009 at 10:20 AM said...

Wanna know how I do it? I print a template of the design, cut out the inside of the "1", and slide it over the fabric until I find the perfect spot. I trace the fabric with my water-soluble pin, and then do my best to line it up with the placement line that my machine stitches out on the shirt. Takes a little extra effort than just slapping down the fabric, but I think it's important with prints like this!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates