Friday, September 25, 2009

Sports-themed Burp Cloths


Rosanne contacted me about a couple baby gift orders.
Nico's daddy likes soccer and Scotland, so Rosanne suggested a soccer ball and plaid ribbon. I've had this soccer ball design from Embroidery Library for a while, but hadn't stitched it out yet. (I LOVE their Simple Treasures designs!!) Instead of stitching it in three shades of gray/black, I decided to use green and blue for the shading to coordinate with the ribbon. Nico's name is stitched with Indie font from 8 Claws and a Paw.

For Chase's burp cloth, Rosanne requested a UF Gator motif/colors including a football. Originally I suggested a stacked monogram in orange and blue with football ribbon or my usual applique football with "Daddy's Little Gator". But after doing Nico's design, I realized I could do the same thing with EL's Simple Treasures Football. I used a couple shades of orange for the shading and blue for the text. I picked Tinker Toy from 8 Claws and a Paw to coordinate with the polka dots on the ribbon.

1 comments on "Sports-themed Burp Cloths"

Tiffany on September 26, 2009 at 6:05 PM said...

I won't comment on the Gator one (AHEM), but the soccer ball and plaid one is adorable! I LOVE that you thought to coordinate the colors the way you did. How smart!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates