Sunday, April 14, 2013

Monogrammed Totes


My daughter had a little gathering with four of her dear friends today to celebrate her birthday, and as a party favor I monogrammed these totes (they will be perfect for trips to the pool in a couple of months!)
I used the Corinthia Script from Katelyn's Kreative Stitches. I had purchased it when it was briefly available back in 2010, but now it's back with additional sizes! When I redownloaded the files I felt like my investment had doubled in value! I used the 3" size for the initial and 1.5" size for the names. I used hot pink on the lime totes, and aqua on the red totes.
 
I'm looking forward to using this font more!

2 comments on "Monogrammed Totes"

Michelle on April 15, 2013 at 10:08 PM said...

Did you use a regular needle for the bags? I have some canvas bags that I was thinking about doing an appliqué on and wondered if I needed a different needle and possibly different stabilizer.

Janay on April 15, 2013 at 10:11 PM said...

Michelle, honestly I use the same needle (75/11 sharp) for everything. I know you are supposed to use ballpoints on knits, but I never do, and have never (in six years) had a sharp needle create holes in my shirts. So I may not be the best person to ask about needle recommendations. :)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates