Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Matching Applique Monogram shirts


Take a look at my mini-me!
(Actually, both of my kids are really mini versions of their daddy -- they look and act just like him, it's a good thing I love him to pieces! But when we dress alike I can pretend she's a mini-me)

I had just bought myself a new pink shirt, we discovered one for her in my stash of blanks, and she started jumping up and down at the idea of matching shirts! The timing was perfect, I got to test Embroidery Boutique's new Elegant Vine Applique Alphabet on them.
My shirt uses the 6" version. I used some of my favorite fabric. It's a discontinued Riley Blake print and I only have a small piece left -- hopefully putting it on a shirt for myself will make it last forever. I can't outgrow this! ;)
Annaliese's shirt uses the 5" size. This is kind of an example for how a busy print doesn't work as well at smaller sizes. It's not quite as legible as mine (I think there is less contrast between her pink shirt than mine, as well). Either way, she likes it!
These monograms are quick to stitch, but tedious trimming! I love the results.

2 comments on "Matching Applique Monogram shirts"

Cathi on January 21, 2014 at 4:51 AM said...

Just an FYI, Riley Blake has a new collection that's very similar to Sugar and Spice.
http://www.hawthornethreads.com/fabric/designer/the_quilted_fish/twice_as_nice

Janay on January 21, 2014 at 3:45 PM said...

Thank you for pointing that out, how pretty!!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates