Within the same week I decided to make pacifier clips for twins that were recently born locally AND 2 friends each requested pairs of pacifier clips for expected twins. Tonight I made all 6 at the same time (the best way to do it!)
I've changed the way I do these slightly. On the first several I had the text going down the clip vertically. But Rebecca (who loves her two pacifier clips for her son) recently said his name looks funny upside down. I didn't really think about the fact that the times the pacifier isn't in the baby's mouth the name would be hanging upside down. So I decided to turn the text horizontally, which in the end looks much better. For those of you who got one of my first ones, and are reading this, I'd be delighted to make a new one for you if you'd like!
For anyone who cares how I embroidered them en masse...
I hooped tearaway stabilizer, marked vertical lines, and sprayed it with adhesive. I laid all the ribbons down and then stitched a basting stitch around the perimeter to help hold the ribbons in place. I centered each design on the appropriate ribbon and stitched away! It went pretty quickly, especially since all of them but one used the same thread color.