Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Fruit of the Spirit's not a Watermelon


The fruit of the Spirit's not a watermelon!
Whatcha yellin'??
The fruit of the Spirit's not a watermelon!
Whatcha yellin'??
If you want to be a watermelon, you might as well hear it,
you can't be a fruit of the Spirit!
'Cause the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.


Several years ago my mom bought this fabric to make a costume for a Fruit of the Spirit themed VBS. She recently discovered her leftovers and made Annaliese a skirt out of it. Without knowing it, I had already purchased a blank shirt that matches it perfectly! I found fabrics in my stash and stitched this design for Annaliese:

The watermelon was a freebie from Lynnie Pinnie (it is available on SWAK Embroidery). I added the text with Embird Alphabet #22.

I think the set turned out cute. It's too bad we didn't have it done in July, our VBS theme this past year was the Fruit of the Spirit. Oh well!

So as I was stitching this design my machine started sounding funny and the hoop wasn't moving quite right. I immediately stopped and discovered I had a huge thread nest. I had to take my hoop off the machine, flip it over, cut away all the extra thread, yada yada yada. Bonus points if you can guess at what point it happened...

1 comments on "The Fruit of the Spirit's not a Watermelon"

Tiffany on October 4, 2009 at 11:56 AM said...

I LOVE that design for the top -- it's so clever withthe words forming the shape fo the melon slice. And how precious to match the skirt!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates