Monday, October 12, 2009

Modified Publix shopping bag


Look at me, being all economical and environmentally friendly... :)

I got this Publix Shopping Bag for FREE thanks to a coupon -- 2 free bags with purchase of batteries -- batteries that I needed, that were on sale, AND that I had an additional coupon for.

I discovered last week when I got my first free shopping bag that they are fantastic for carrying groceries (yes folks, I'm very late on this one). Plus I won't have a million plastic bags to deal with anymore. I do reuse them, but they are gradually taking over here. You know, you get one with each item you purchase at Walmart.

Here's my new shopping bag:

I embellished the bag to provide myself some free advertising, and I did so with virtually no effort! Before Kathy made my Stitched by Janay bag, she did a test stitch of the design on a scrap piece of fabric. Not wanting to waste that, I used it today. I trimmed the fabric down to the size I wanted (plus an extra 1/2 inch seam allowance). I stitched it down over the Publix logo. Since it was a nice woven fabric, I decided to fray the edges. Cute huh? Don't ya love how the green stitching matches the bag perfectly??

The other free bag I got today is black. Trying to decide what cute thing to do on it. I'll let you know as soon as it's done.

1 comments on "Modified Publix shopping bag"

Cole's Corner on October 13, 2009 at 9:56 AM said...

I love it!
It's fun to make something for yourself once in a while, huh.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates