Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Baby Girl Gift Set


When Kristen found out her brother and his wife were expecting a baby girl, she requested this set (which got shipped just a couple days before she was born!)

The initial inspiration was a similar set I had stitched earlier for baby Peyton -- since her niece will be called Lily, she wanted to go with a floral motif. I used the Flower Power monogram from Julia's Needle Design. "Lily" was added with the font "Amazone BT" digitized for me by Kathy.

For the bib I stitched her name using the same font, and used the flowers from the monogram.

Kristen also wanted an A-line dress, primarily for the other side (which you'll see in a minute). I knew Hobby Lobby had material that matched this ribbon, so Kathy graciously purchased some for me and mailed it my way (we don't have a Hobby Lobby close by, sniff, sniff). I stitched her name again on the dress, using the same font. It's a tad more subtle than I would have liked, but it's still pretty. It is a Martha Pullen reversible A-line size 1.


Kristen's brother is a huge University of Miami fan, so she wanted a little dress for Lily that would display some team spirit!

The fringe cheerleader on megaphone design is from Nobbie Neez Kids. I added "Daddy's Little Hurricane" with Embird Alphabet #8.

1 comments on "Baby Girl Gift Set"

Tiffany on November 1, 2009 at 6:43 PM said...

Absolutely gorgeous. That floral fabric is beautiful! Where did you get it?

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates