Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!



This project has been quite an undertaking! I've wanted to make Annaliese and Dashiell matching reversible outfits using Martha Pullen's patterns for a long time. In the fall, I embellished pre-made items Kathy sent me, and at Christmas Annaliese's dress from the previous year still fit, so she didn't really need another. It was my goal to finally make a pair for spring/summer this year, and I achieved that! I worked off an on for four days and got them done in time for Easter Sunday.

Here is the spring side:

I purchased the material at JoAnns. It took me forever to find a print that worked well for both a boy and girl. Annaliese requested a bunny, and I just adore Lynnie Pinnie's Hopping Bunny, so that decision was pretty easy. I used the 5x7 size for A and the 4x4 size for D. I added their names with the Whoa Nelly font from 8 Claws and a Paw.


Lynnie Pinnie also had a mini bunny design, so I decided to try embroidered covered buttons for Annaliese's dress. I reduced the design to 80% and used a 1.5" button. They turned out so cute!!


And the summer side:

This material was a gift from Sandy at Dashiell's baby shower, and I'm finally using it! I spent a long time trying to decide what design to put on it. Asking Annaliese for her opinion made the process take even longer, but eventually we settled on Lynnie Pinnie's zig-zag applique crab. It comes in three sizes, I used the biggest size for Annaliese:

Dashiell's is the smallest:

LP also has a mini crab design, so this side has embroidered monogram buttons, too!

I was inspired by a dress I saw posted on Sew Forum, so I placed the crabs on the bottom, and stitched their monograms on the top. Again, I spent a lot of time finding a font that wasn't too feminine or masculine, and settled on the Bingham font for 8 Claws and a Paw. These resized well; I enlarged A's and reduced D's so they would be more proportional to the size of their outfit.


Whew, what a lot of work! We'll see if I can muster up enough strength to try this again for fall/winter. :)

Update: Here are my cuties in the crab side of their outfits!

1 comments on "Happy Easter!"

Cole's Corner on April 5, 2010 at 10:21 AM said...

Wow! Those look incredible! I love them.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates