Saturday, May 1, 2010

Embroidering on Ribbon


One thing I've done a lot in the last three months but haven't blogged about is embroidering on ribbon. Liz of My Little Girl Custom Hair Bows approached me in February about monogramming ribbons that she would turn into adorable personalized hair bows. Instead of posting pictures of boring ribbon, I thought I'd share pictures of some final products! Again, all I did was the embroidery. Liz supplies the ribbon, picks the thread color and font, and then makes the bows.
Liz has made some school spirit bows:

These bows were personalized for little girls:

This is a bow holder:

Liz also sells ballerina bow holders (loops for headbands, rings for ponytail holders, and plenty of places to clip bows):







Aren't they all cute?? Liz is a local mom in Tallahassee. She sells the bows at Best Beginnings and Cookies & Tea for Me, or you can contact her through her facebook page. I'm sure she's willing to ship if you aren't local. Tell her I sent you!

3 comments on "Embroidering on Ribbon"

Michele Hayes on May 1, 2010 at 10:33 PM said...

Any tips on embroidering ribbon?

Trisha on May 2, 2010 at 9:12 AM said...

If you don't mind me asking, where do you get the clips for the pacifier clips?
Thanks,

Janay on May 2, 2010 at 10:05 AM said...

Michele--sticky stabilizer is the way to go! I just recently started using it, and it is amazing!! I hoop the stabilizer and then lay my hoop over a cutting mat, I can see the grid lines through the stabilizer, and align it with the marks on my hoop. That helps me make sure I lay the ribbons down straight.

Trisha, I've stopped making pacifier clips, primarily because I was disappointed in the two styles of clips I had purchased. I had several friends tell me the plastic ones broke, and the metal one ripped holes in my son's shirt once when it got yanked too hard. BUT, if you really want to try them, I'd be happy to send you my stash if you want to pay for shipping. :) email me at stitchedbyjanay @ gmail.com if you want them!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates