Monday, May 10, 2010

New Key Fobs!


Last week DigiStitches released Quilted Key Fobs 2. These are like the previous key fobs, but the edges are finished. I liked my first one so much, and knew I'd like the finished edge design even better, so I bought it and stitched one right away. While I was at it, I made one for Valerie, too. I used Embird alphabet #7 for our names.

I chose the wavy quilting lines (out of 8 different motifs).

Hey Susan, if you happen to be reading this, do you recognize the fabric?? I bought this material over TWO years ago to make myself a purse, and I still haven't done it. I thought if I used some material for a key chain it would serve as a daily reminder that I still need to make the purse. At least I still love the material!

Here's a comparison of the two different key fob styles. Both have their pros and cons. I suppose the biggest con to the finished style is having to turn it inside out. But truly, that was not a big deal at all, so I think the finished style is my favorite. The one with raw edges looks great with my rag bags though...

2 comments on "New Key Fobs!"

Unknown on May 11, 2010 at 4:42 PM said...

I thought I recognized that fabric! I had a moment of "hey... isn't that..." before I saw your comment. You need to make that purse! The fabric is in season. Again. I sadly won't be sewing anytime soon because my sewing machine broke and the repair man is on vacation.

Janay on May 11, 2010 at 4:48 PM said...

Oh, BOO! I'm so sorry your machine is broken. I probably need to make a road trip to Moultrie to get mine cleaned before too long...

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates