Sunday, December 29, 2013

Teacher Gifts 2014


This year everyone got a kitchen towel!
I gave Annaliese's teachers a monogrammed Stay-Put towel:
I cranked out 14 of these! I like to give a token of appreciation to each of the special area teachers that Annaliese interacts with on a weekly basis.
 I used I2S's Intertwined Vine for their last initial.
(My Stay Put towel is loosely inspired by the Topsy Towel tutorial posted on Embroidery Library. In this case I did not applique a square of fabric, nor did I square up the towel. There is a free V-shaped buttonhole design posted on Sew Forum that goes with this tutorial. If you are not a member of SF, it is free to join.)

I also made a Nameflake ornament for her two classroom teachers:
For the preschool staff I gave out the various holiday towels I had stitched throughout the fall. (Full design details can be found here)

4 comments on "Teacher Gifts 2014"

MikKnits on February 23, 2014 at 12:09 AM said...

Janay, is there a secret to how you hang the towel so that it looks so nice? Mine stitched out well but doesn't look nice when I hang it. I am not sure how to make it drape like yours.

Kathy Conn on April 20, 2015 at 5:01 PM said...

Can you tell me how many inches from the point of the towel you put the V button whole? Thanks

Janay on April 22, 2015 at 10:20 AM said...

Kathy, I followed the tutorial on Embroidery Library to determine placement http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/elprojects/SimpleProduct_ELP.aspx?CS_ProductID=PR1491&CS_Category=Home+Decor&CS_Catalog=Elprojects

Jackie on July 26, 2015 at 7:23 PM said...

Janay, where did you get the towels for the "Stay Put" towels for the teachers? Thanks, Jackie

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates