Saturday, February 16, 2008

Baby Shower Gift


Sara's baby shower was Sunday. She is expecting a girl, but they haven't settled on a name. Whew! That sure relieved the pressure to quickly stitch another full gift set! :) I plan to make her two personalized burp cloths and a pacifier clip after her daughter is born, but I really wanted her to open something at the shower, so I made her this ribbon blankie.

It's my understanding that Sara is decorating her nursery in black and white toile with pale pink accents. I bought this design from Embroidery Library:

and stitched it on pink/white striped flannel. The back is white minkee and there are an assortment of black/white and pink ribbons around the edges.

3 comments on "Baby Shower Gift"

Tiffany on February 18, 2008 at 4:59 PM said...

I absolutely LOVED this design! You should have heard the comments as it was being handed around -- it's absolutely beautiful! (And SO Sara!)

Janay on February 18, 2008 at 5:48 PM said...

Thanks for sharing about the shower. I was sad that I couldn't be there -- one of the most fun parts about making gifts is watching the recipient's reaction!

Tiffany on February 19, 2008 at 2:35 PM said...

Oh - absolutely. You can rest assured, though, that the oohs and aahs were not confined to the recipient. Everyone was impressed by this design!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates