Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine Bags for Preschool Party


This year I signed up to bring goody bags for Annaliese's class party, mainly because I had bought this cute Valentine bag design from Sewing for Sarah!

The front has a mini-chalkboard (vinyl chalkboard fabric) and slots for chalk and crayons. We filled the back pocket with a pad of paper, stickers, and a piece of felt to erase the chalkboard. For the boys, I substituted an applique rectangle for the heart, I figured they would like that better. I personalized them all, as well.


These stitch together pretty quickly. I pre-cut all the fabric, as well as the heart/rectangle of chalkboard fabric. Then when I was ready to stitch, everything was ready to go. Each bag takes less than 15 min to stitch, and most of the time I was able to clip bobbin thread, remove stabilizer, trim around edges and invert one bag while stitching the next. Made for a nice assembly line production. I'm glad there are only six in her class though. Doubt I'll do this for kindergarten next year! :)

2 comments on "Valentine Bags for Preschool Party"

LT on February 16, 2009 at 1:30 PM said...

WOW!! I can't imagine what everybody thought! Amazing, Janay, with a new baby and everything. Quite impressive!

Tiffany on February 17, 2009 at 8:35 AM said...

I'll bet the kids loved them. How adorable!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates