Friday, February 27, 2009

When a Nerd becomes a Dad...


When a nerd becomes a dad...
...he asks for some unique burp cloths!
To refresh your memory, I digitized applique designs of four superhero emblems to make a ribbon blanket for Jason and Anna's son Torin. It was received with the enthusiasm I expected, and very quickly Jason requested burp cloths with those same designs. Jason wanted more, but with the holidays, impending birth of Dashiell, and then infanthood, he has patiently waited until now.

While the style of the last batch looked cool, Anna wasn't thrilled with the multiple fabric types on one burp cloth. In an effort to please Mommy, Jason and I opted to put the emblems directly on the cloth diaper, and use ribbon to represent the dominant color of the costume.


This burp cloth is not a superhero reference, but SciFi... Kathy digitized the text for me (TTF Papyrus) that I stitched on the ribbon.

1 comments on "When a Nerd becomes a Dad..."

Unknown on March 2, 2009 at 3:44 PM said...

The Nerd Dad found out Anna was actually okay with the flannel middle panel, but it wasn't until these were already in production. I think I like the middle panel better. So, the next little nerd will have them like that.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates